THIS year the University is nominated for three marketing Heist Awards in the following categories for the communications strategy for the Welcome and Induction project for 2015 entry:
- Best Undergraduate Student Recruitment Initiative
- Best use of Innovation in Education Marketing
- Best Low Budget Initiative
Benedikte Joergensen, Head of Student Recruitment, said “I am very pleased that the Induction and Welcome project has received this external recognition. The success of the communications strategy is a great tribute to the huge number of departments working closely together to provide the best start to university for our students. And we are aiming even higher about what we would like the project and the communications strategy to achieve this year for our 2016 intake.”
Penny Renwick, Pro-Vice-Chancellor for Students, who leads on the Induction and Welcome project said about the project ambition for this year: “The whole university is working in partnership to ensure new students starting their studies in September have the best possible introduction into their course and to university life.”
Here are just a few examples of the many enhancements we have planned:
- For the first time every student will be able to join an online community before coming to university, supported by social media peer mentors, so that their sense of belonging starts just as soon as it can
- There are exciting plans to make sure the campuses in Manchester and Cheshire give students a special welcome
- We are doing more to help clearing students to find accommodation which we know is particularly scarce this year and finally academic colleagues are working hard to ensure all students are excited and inspired to be beginning their chosen course of study.
CELT is supporting the Welcome and Induction Project by building a repository of information and resources for staff concerning induction and transition at http://www.celt.mmu.ac.uk/induction/indexnew.php
The award entries were submitted by the Student Recruitment Team and the awards take place on July 7.