- Dr Xin Shi, Reader in Applied Statistics who has been appointed as an Associate Editor of the IMA Journal of Management Mathematics.
- Dr Kevin Albertson, Reader in Economics, on the award of Fellowship of the RSA
- Dr Sai Nudurupati, Reader in Operations Management and Annapurna Waughray Reader in Human Rights Law who have both been accepted onto the University’s RKE Leaders programme.
- Professor Cathy Parker, who has been appointed Chair of New River Retail Academy, a retail charity set up to utilise empty retail space across UK for training and regeneration purposes.
- Dr Ghulam Nabi on the acceptance of the article, “Does entrepreneurship education in the first year of higher education develop entrepreneurial intentions? The role of learning and inspiration, in the ABS 3* journal: Studies in Higher Education.
- Professor Julia Rouse on the acceptance of the article “Opportunity or dead end?Rethinking the study of entrepreneurial action without a concept of opportunity” in the ABS 3* International Small Business Journal
Welcomes and Farewells
- Welcome back Professor Dominic Medway who joins the Faculty of Business and Law from the University of Manchester and Vivien Sheard who returns to the Faculty from sabbatical.
- Welcome to Rick Canavan who has been appointed in as Associate Head for International in the Faculty of Business and Law. Rick joins us from Nottingham Trent University.
- And to Lindsey Watkin who joins us from John Moores University as Associate Head in Management Department.
- Good luck to Laura Dyson who will be leaving Management Services on 20 June to take up a new post in Admissions and Recruitment.
- At the end of July we will be saying farewell to Dr Mary Meldrum, Head of Postgraduate Programmes in the Faculty of Business and Law who will be retiring after many years working at the University. Mary’s contribution to corporate education in the region was honoured at this year’s Inspiring Women Awards. She was recognised for her achievements over 35 years in higher education at the Inspiring Women Awards.
- Farewell to Heather Fell, Senior Library Assistant at the Cheshire site Library, who is retiring on 31st May after 26 years with the University.
- All the best to Training Professional Sara Perry, as she is leaving us today to work on a project in Training & Development for the Cambodian Government for seven months, as a member of the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Farewell to Josh Kay from the Business Support and Improvement Team who leaves on 10th June to start a new job at Transport for Greater Manchester
- Farewell to Laurence Pullan, Marketing and Events Coordinator, in the Conference and Events who will take up a new post as Senior Internal Communications Officer at Warrington Borough Council.
As some of you already know, IT Services has got quite a few fundraisers in their midst this month:
- Martina Holubcova, Service Desk Manager, will be scaling 10 peaks in the Lake District in one day to raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Tony Miles, Video Producer, will be making his second foray across the highest peaks of Scotland, England and Wales in support of the Railway Children charity.
- Jeff Hall, IT Professional, is taking part in the Warrington Park 5K run, in aid of Boys’ Northern Summer Camp.
- Meanwhile, last weekend Sara Perry, IT Comms and Training Professional, pre-empted her career with the Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) with a heroic 100km walk from London to Brighton!