The IT Helpline is the 24/7 first point of contact for all staff, students and guests at Manchester Met for all issues, requests and questions related to IT.
The IT Helpline team, led by Martina Holubcova, provides a professional, informed and non-stop service whenever and wherever you need help.
Martina said: “Over the last six months, we’ve worked very hard to reduce the amount of time it takes to get through to us on the phone. We are very pleased to say that our average wait time for 0161 247 4646 is now just 30 seconds, compared to almost three minutes in November and January and over a minute in February and March – which is an 80% improvement over a period of six months and even better than the target we were aiming for.
“We can’t promise we’ll always be able to answer the phone in 30 seconds but we are committed to keeping the average below one minute at all times, as we know how frustrating and time-consuming it is if you need help with IT and can’t get through quickly enough. Moreover, when added up, it saves the University hundreds of hours of lost productivity.
“Thank you for your patience in the last few months and, as always, give us a ring on extension 4646 if you need any help with IT!”
Meet the team
Ever wondered who you’re speaking to when calling 4646?
Helping 45,000 people with a variety of IT queries is a busy task for our six advisors, a coordinator and a manager.
How to get in touch with us
Telephone at 0161 247 4646
- Available 24×7, including weekends and bank holidays
- We aim to answer phone calls in less than one minute
- We have an out of hours team based at the University of Northumbria
- During busy times, we extend our team to a number of colleagues across IT Services and highly trained students
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monitored between Mon-Fri, 8am – 5pm, excluding bank holidays and holiday closures
- We aim to respond within two working days