MS Word: Getting more out of Word
The majority of us have some experience with Microsoft Word, the standard word processing software at Manchester Metropolitan. However, we may not be utilising all of its features. Word does much more than produce basic text documents. With that in mind, the Business Support IT Training team have produced a new course to show off some of these features; features that can potentially make our working lives easier.
The ‘Enhancing your documents’ session will show you how to do the following:
- Help make long documents easy to manage with automated tables of contents
- Improve the presentation of your work with headers and footers
- Use styles to further improve the look of your documents
- Keep your teams work consistent and well presented by using templates
- Make academic writing simple with footnotes, endnotes and citations
- Print labels and produced personalised documents using Mail Merge
During the autumn term, the session will be available on the following dates:
- Tuesday 18 October, 10:30-12:00pm, L408
- Monday 24 October, 9:30-11:00am, L408
- Wednesday 26 October, 1:30-3:00pm, L408
- Wednesday 2 November, 1:30-3:00pm, L408
- Friday 11 November, 10:30-12:00, L408
- Thursday 17 November, 10:30-12:00pm, Brock 1.3, Crewe Campus
- Monday 21 November, 1:30-3:00pm, L408
- Tuesday 2 December, 10:30-12:00pm, L408
- Thursday 8 December, 9:30-11:00am, L408
- Wednesday 14 December, 2:00-3:30pm, L408
- Thursday 15 December, 10:30-12:00pm, Brock 1.3, Crewe Campus
Can’t find a date that suits you and your team? Contact the team and we can arrange a closed group session at a time that fits you.
To book onto a session, or to arrange a team session outside of the regular course calendar, contact the training team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by ringing extension 6775.