Did you know Cheshire Campus has a well-established orchard? (Behind Laurence Building, next to the car park.) Join the Environment Team at the Cheshire Millennium Orchard on National Apple Day for a networking event with a difference.
We will be on site harvesting the British heritage apple varieties, which were planted as part of a Millennium celebration in 2000 and with the help of tree experts; we will be ensuring the health of the trees.
Our Harvesting Day will include:
- Harvesting the bountiful apple crop using the traditional method of shaking and catching the apples.
- Learning about tree maintenance and help to maintain the health of our trees under the guidance of Hulme Community Garden Centre.
- A chance to enjoy the orchard and network with other staff and students.
- Information about the Environment Team’s biodiversity projects and opportunities happening in Cheshire.
- Delicious free soup and hot drinks, as well as apple scones.
You are welcome to take home apples that are harvested from the orchard. Surplus apples will be donated to Wishing Well a local healthy living project aiming to improve the health and well-being of the community.
Join us at any time between 11am – 3pm at the orchard. Please register to ensure you get some delicious food via our events page here.