Following consultation with Faculties and consideration by the University’s deliberative committee structure, a number of adjustments to the Undergraduate Curriculum Framework have been put in place.
These amendments seek to facilitate greater flexibility in curriculum design and permit Programme Teams scope to identify and develop programme structures and assessment strategies that best suit the needs of their discipline and student population.
The revised Undergraduate Curriculum Framework includes the following major changes:
- Provision for 15 credit units at all levels of study, enabling programmes to be structured using 15 credit units, 30 credit units or a combination of both
- An increase of the maximum number of assessments within 30 credit units to 3
- An increase of the maximum number of assessments within 15 credit units to 2
- Broadening of the requirement for Programme Teams to provide a written rationale for non-inclusion of Uniwide Languages units to include all Uniwide Units (NB this will only apply during Programme Approval or Review activity)
- Removal of the stipulation that formative assessment may not form part of a summative assessment
The revised Framework is available from the CASQE website at the following location: http://www.mmu.ac.uk/academic/casqe/regulations/docs/ug_curriculum_framework.pdf
The Academic Quality and Standards Committee have confirmed that any programmes seeking to implement significant structural change under the revised Framework will be required to undertake Programme Review rather than make changes via a series of modifications. This is to ensure that students – who sit as members of Programme Approval and Review panels – have the opportunity to contribute fully to discussions around assessment strategies, assessment ‘bunching’ and student workload.
If you have any queries relating to the revised Curriculum Framework, please contact Ron Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any queries relating to Programme Approval or Review activity relating to the revised Curriculum Framework, please contact email@example.com