Internal Student Survey off to a great start!
After opening on Wednesday 23rd November, the Internal Student Survey (ISS) campaign is off to a great start.
As at 9.30am on Friday 25th November, the University had 3,530 undergraduate student completions, 13% of our total undergraduate eligible students. An additional 541 completions came from our postgraduate students, which is 11% of eligible postgraduates.
So far, the top 5 departments for undergraduate completions are as follows:
- 40% – Secondary Teacher Education
- 26% – School of Computing, Maths & Digital Technology
- 23% – School of Engineering
- 19% – Primary Teacher Education
- 17% – School of Tourism, Events & Hospitality Management and Marketing, Operations & Digital Business
The top 5 departments for postgraduate completions are as follows:
- 50% – School of Research, Enterprise & Innovation
- 29% – Politics & Philosophy
- 22% – School of Tourism, Events & Hospitality Management
- 20% – Languages and School of Computing, Maths & Digital Technology
- 19% – Secondary Teacher Education
With just over one week until the ISS closes, here are some top tips to encourage participation:
- Ask Personal Tutors to encourage students to take part.
- Speak to your students at the beginning or end of timetabled sessions.
- Tell your students (and staff) about improvements previously made in your unit or on your course as a result of student feedback. More information about ‘closing the feedback loop’ is available on the CASQE website.
- Get social – either share the ISS posts from the University Facebook or Twitter accounts or create your own!
- Ask your course reps if they can remind students to complete the survey.
- Book computer labs for students to use to complete the survey, if they wish to do so.
- Don’t forget to remind your students that there is an iPad to be won in a University-wide prize draw!
The online survey is open until 23:59 on Tuesday 6th December for most currently enrolled students on units and courses on taught Manchester Met campus-based programmes (undergraduate and postgraduate). Students can access the survey through MyMMU or via the ISS landing page mmu.ac.uk/iss, where they can find out more information about the survey and FAQs. Please note: the survey is not accessible through Moodle.
If you have any further questions, please get in touch with Rob Baker, Quality Enhancement Manager, on email@example.com