Thursday 1st December sees the Library’s successful Resource Discovery Day return for the second year to the Geoffrey Manton building. As well as dropping into lectures and seminars throughout the day, reps from four organisations, the Library and Manchester Met’s Special Collections will be hosting stalls in the Manton Atrium between 10am-2pm, helping students track down and use resources for assignments and dissertations, and chatting to staff about collections to aid their teaching and research.
Taking part are:
– Bloomsbury (Berg Fashion Library, Churchill Archive, Globe on Screen)
– Adam Matthews Digital (Mass Observation Archive, Migration to New Worlds)
– Gale Cengage (C17th and C18th Burney Collection, C19th UK Periodicals, British Library Newspapers, Daily Mail, Punch, Times, Academic OneFile)
– ProQuest (NY Times, Washington Post, Guardian, Sociological Abstracts, Periodicals Archive Online, LLBA, Avery Index, ERIC, ASSIA, FIAF and 15 other databases)
– Manchester Met’s Special Collections (Manchester Met’s Museum on the 3rd floor of the All Saints Library)
This is a great opportunity to take advantage of the experts’ advice, so come along, bring your students, and help yourself to freebies and food as you boost your knowledge!
There’s also still time available for reps to run demos during lectures and seminars, so if you’d like any of the reps to speak to your students for 10-15 minutes during the day please contact firstname.lastname@example.org