Name, role and department:
Jason Loffman, Senior Lecturer Social Care and Social Work
How long have you been at Manchester Met:
Just over a year
Favourite thing about the University:
The students, we have really great and engaged students who want to be the best social workers they can be. It’s great to see this and makes my job of teaching them more enjoyable
A typical working day:
- 08:00am Check emails
- 08:30 Set up my teaching environment or if interviewing go through all my admissions material
- 09:00am Morning coffee
- 09:20- Welcome my students and start the teaching with a check in
- 09:45 if interviewing presentation to candidates about the course and try to put them at ease
- Rest of day, teaching or interviewing
- 5pm All done, catch up on emails and pick a journal paper of a chapter to read on the train home, if I get a seat
What is your ideal weekend:
Surfing at a beach.
DJing producing music.
Baking cakes with my children.
Interesting fact about you:
I have been on TV on a children’s sports show and I used to live next to the Marmite factory in Burton. The town that smells of yeast!
What are you reading, watching or listening to at the moment:
Finishing off my obsession with the Friends’ box set and then I need to decide what my next box set will be.
Favourite place in the region:
East Cork, Ireland.
Person you would most like to meet- past or present, real or fictional:
Sigmund Freud, and we would have a chat about dreams.
What items would you take on a desert island and why:
A surfboard to surf and use for floating in the sea.