*Save the Date*
Faculty of Business and Law’s Professional Development Week
20th February – 24th February 2017
We are pleased to announce that the next Professional Development Week will take place in the week commencing Monday 20th February.
This weeklong festival of interactive sessions, is designed to offer the Faculty of Business & Law’s students a variety of engaging hands-on sessions that will enhance their ability to compete effectively in the graduate jobs market.
As ever, there will be a wide range of workshops, which students from all programmes can benefit from.
Some examples of sessions suitable for all include:
- How to Master Video Interviews
- The Ultimate Guide to Psychometric Tests
- LinkedIn in 60 Minutes
- Perfecting your Personal Brand and Networking Skills
There will also be sessions that will provide opportunities to develop key skills and knowledge in specialist areas such as:
- Introduction to E-Commerce and Magento – perfect for those wanting to develop an understanding of Magento software to manage an online business
- Plan your Career in Accounting with this ‘Professional Bodies and Progressions’ session –designed to provide clarity around the professional bodies and associated career paths within this sector
- Legally Online – learn how to safely and effectively publish material online whilst avoiding potential legal pitfalls
- Employability in the Creative and Digital Industries – get an insider view of this exciting sector from industry professionals representing a range of businesses within this field – a perfect chance to network too!
As well as some level specific sessions including:
- Check Lists for Final Years
- Guidance for Postgraduate Study: Mastering the Dissertation Process
Many of the sessions will be delivered by industry professionals from a variety of business areas, so the week will offer our students and staff a great networking opportunity too!
For the first time, Professional Development Week sessions will go live for bookings via the CareerHub system. Also used by the central Careers and Employability Team, this is a system already familiar to our students, and provides a simple and straightforward way to book on to sessions. The sessions will go live for bookings on CareerHub from week commencing 30th January.
Please do save the date! Your support in promoting Professional Development Week to students is very much appreciated and the organising team will be in touch nearer the time to advise of further details.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact a member of this year’s organising team:
- Lynn Gregory: Professional Development Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org X6618
- Maisie Townshend: Graduate Intern for Employability, email@example.com X2473
- Mel Powell: Associate Head of Student Employability, firstname.lastname@example.org X6022