Manchester Metropolitan is an official partner of The Conversation website – a fantastic and high-profile media outlet for academics to provide news analysis and commentary.
The Conversation is an increasingly invaluable resource among the global university community and Manchester Met has joined this select group. It is a collaboration between editors and academics to provide informed news analysis and commentary that is free to read and republish. As a partner, the University will have greater opportunities and daily requests for expert analysis via the Press Office.
Academics from the University have already been involved and benefited from featuring on The Conversation, with articles being republished in other languages and a range of publications including The Independent and The Huffington Post.
So far this year, the articles by Manchester Met academics on The Conversation were:
- The love is lost: why it’s time to drop the romance from the special relationship
The ties between the US and UK have long been depicted in loving terms. But with these two in charge, it can only be a marriage of convenience from now on.
- Some scientific explanations for alien abduction that aren’t so out of this world
Ken Drinkwater and Neil Dagnall
Millions of people claim to have had encounters with aliens, but most can be explained by psychology rather than UFOs.
- How to be an economist in 2017
Ridiculed and ignored in 2016, what can the ‘dismal science’ offer us now?
- What ‘walkies’ says about your relationship with your dog
Louise Platt and Thomas Fletcher
Dogs – and their owners – love ‘walkies’. But who’s walking who?
- Early signs show legal high ban is pushing sales from the high street to street dealers
Paul Gray and Robert Ralphs
The market for sythnetic cannabinoids, or spice, shows no sign of decreasing.
- The discovery of medieval Trellech and the plucky amateurs of archaeology
Ploughing his life savings into buying the land under which the lost city lies, Stuart Wilson has made a once-in-a-lifetime discovery.
And from December…
- Dear Hillary… a philosopher’s guide to coping with disappointment
An open letter to the losing US presidential candidate… And anyone else dealing with an unsatisfactory 2016.
If you’re interested in finding out more or writing for The Conversation, get in touch with the press office: Chris Morris x2184 or Maryam Ahmed x2181.