NSS 2017 – How well is your department doing?
Thank you for your support with the NSS so far. As at 1.30pm Friday 24th February, we had 3,584 completions, 55% of our total. Tomorrow, Tuesday 28th February, is the last day for eligible final year undergraduate students to be in with a chance of winning one of our amazing prizes, so please encourage students to complete it as soon as possible.
Colleagues in Photography already have 89% completions. You can download the latest results by visiting http://www.mmu.ac.uk/staff/nss/ A threshold of 10 respondents and a 50% response rate per subject area needs to be achieved for the results to be publicly available.
The top course groupings for completions
So far, the top course groupings for completions are as follows:
- 89% – Department of Media: Photography
- 88% – Exercise and Sport Science: PE and Sport Pedagogy
- 80% – Childhood, Youth and Education Studies: Education Studies
- 79% – Department of Design: Other Design
- 79% – Contemporary Arts: Theatre
- 77% – Sociology: Criminology
- 77% – Social Care and Social Work: Social Care
- 76% – Tourism, Events and Hospitality Management: Hospitality Management
- 76% – School of Computing, Mathematics and Digital Technology: Computer Forensics
- 76% – Primary Teacher Education: Crewe Primary Teacher Training
Please note that the telephone phase of Ipsos MORI’s campaign commenced Thursday 23rd February – they are now contacting our non-responding students by telephone and will continue to do so until the survey ends on Sunday 30th April.
What you can do now
- Continue to encourage students to take part in the NSS – this can also be done at faculty level, offering small incentives.
- Communicate the benefits of completing the survey – the NSS is an important opportunity for students to reflect and feedback on their time here at Manchester Met. The University prize draw is open to all eligible students who opt in online by midnight on Tuesday 28th February 2017 through the NSS website for a chance of winning one of:
- 20 x Graduation Photography Packages (worth £85 each)
- 50 x £50 High Street Shopping Vouchers
- 50 x Graduation Gowns (worth £45 each)
- Ipsos MORI have also stated that 40% of online respondents indicated that they were told about the survey by a lecturer/member of staff. Therefore, it’s essential for academics to encourage final year undergraduate students to complete the NSS, as this is a very influential communication tool.
- Post about the NSS on your social media accounts.
Once a student has either taken part in the survey or opted out by ticking the box on the survey website, no further contact will be made by Ipsos MORI. Please let students know that they can opt out of the survey at any time by visiting the survey website at www.thestudentsurvey.com and following the instructions.
- If you have any queries about the communication of the survey and the incentives activity, please contact Sarah Starkey, Starkey@mmu.ac.uk, x.3499 or Abbi Ferati, A.Ferati@mmu.ac.uk, x.5048 in the Marketing team.
- For queries relating to any other aspect of the survey, please contact Rob Baker in CASQE, firstname.lastname@example.org, x.3695.