From mid-February, the Manchester-based quality services have been consolidated into the Centre for Academic Standards and Quality Enhancement (CASQE). As a result, Manchester-based Faculty Quality Officers will relocate within CASQE – working within activity-focussed areas across the University rather than as a single point of contact for Faculty staff.
At the same time the CASQE team has been restructured into two teams
- A single Academic Quality and Standards Team will bring together responsibility for the development of all regulations, policies and procedures and for the oversight of quality and standards matters for home provision. The team will have responsibility for all aspects of programme approval and continuous monitoring of home provision, survey activity and for assessment related matters including reviewing assessment regulations, overseeing external examiner appointments and reviewing their reports. This team is led by Ron Hamilton (email@example.com).
- A strengthened Academic Collaboration Team will take direct responsibility and oversight of all articulations, Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body matters, greater oversight of the approval and monitoring of collaborative partnerships and their associated programmes to allow the team to manage proactively these high-risk areas and undertake increased developmental activity with partner staff and Link Tutors. This team is led by Julie Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The CASQE senior team will develop effective relationships with faculties through a Business Partnership Approach. During this academic year, partnerships will be as follows:
- Arts and Humanities Peggy Cooke
- Business and Law Ron Hamilton
- Cheshire Julie Watson
- Education Peggy Cooke
- Health, Psychology and Social Care Peggy Cooke
- Science and Engineering Julie Watson
If you have any generic queries or specific questions about external examiners, programme approval or modification, Assessment Regulations, Professional, Statutory or Regulatory Bodies (PSRBs) or Collaborative Partnership, including Articulations please do contact us at email@example.com.
If you have papers for consideration at Faculty Academic Quality and Standards Committees please submit these via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure they are considered.
We recognise that change can be difficult for academic and professional service colleagues so please do tell us if you have any concerns. The named Business Partner will work with you to ensure the service continues to meet the needs of colleagues across the University.
Peggy Cooke (email@example.com)
Head of the Centre for Academic Standards and Quality Enhancement