Who wants to spend money on exercise when there’s important things like coffee and sausage rolls to spend your lunch budget on. Check out five free or almost free things you can do to keep fit (or look the part) while on All Saints.
- Walk with us on Wednesday. It’s free, it’s weekly, and you get to know facts about the area which will help you win your next pub quiz. Meet at the Business School at 1230. If you can’t make it on Weds, walk on over to Birley building, and pick up an organic salad or vegan cake at Grano and feel super smug. If you’re based in Birley, don’t cheat – walk over to Eighth Day opposite All Saints for that same smug feeling!
- Free classes and activities – the MMU Sport team offer free activity and classes. You can sweat with the students, work out alone or if the idea of bumping into students in your gym kit leaves you cold, there are even staff only sessions. Check out http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/sport/staff/
- Smash it with a racket – squash: the ultimate stress busting sport –is on for free early on a Tuesday morning at the Sugden from 7 to 8.20am. if you prefer to spend that time in bed (and who wouldn’t) it’s only £1.50 at Sugden Sports Centre from Monday to Friday 7.00-16.00. Cheaper than two sausage rolls at Greggs and better for you!
- Run away from work – even if you can barely run one minute Jonathan and Ro will gently escort you off the premises while humming Eye of the Tiger. Our beginners running group meets Tuesday at 1230, and we cater for a range of abilities. If you prefer to jog off after work, there’s a Thursday session at 1645 meeting at All Saints. http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/sport/health-and-fitness/mmuten/trainwithus/
- Love the smell of chlorine in the afternoon? We have free swim sessions at the Aquatics Centre with the added fitness bonus of trying to cross Oxford Rd safely! The dedicated MMU Sport lanes will make you feel like a pro! If our times don’t work for you, just wave your Man Met staff ID at the reception and they only charge you £2. How many Greggs sausage rolls is that?!