Don’t forget to take advantage of the great discount for staff and students!
We are delighted to announce that the Great Run has agreed to extend the deadline for sign-ups for the Great Manchester Run to Tuesday 18th April!
So if you haven’t taken advantage of the fantastic half price discount yet, there’s still time to join friends, colleagues, mascots and more for an exciting day out.
All the great stuff that’s available right now:
- Special offers and discounts on physio and sports massages at the Movement Unit in Brooks Building
- Free running clubs for all levels from absolute beginners to experienced runners
- Access to the fortnightly Team #McrMetProud newsletter with tips, information and news
And on the day:
- A party at the Students’ Union before and after the run plus 50% off all food after the run
- DJ and Hive Radio playing your favourite tunes – we want your requests!
- Glitter and face paint stations
- Bouncy castles to keep family and friends entertained
- Drop off zone to keep your things safe while you run
Samba Band at the designated Manchester Met cheer spot, located 7km in to the run near Victoria Warehouse
- McrMetProud technical T-shirt and goody bag
Remember, you don’t have to be a runner to enter. You can walk, run, jog- it’s up to you how you do the run, just be sure to take part!
Also, if you’d like to run in aid of a good cause but don’t have a charity in mind, why not join staff, students and graduates and raise money for the University’s new campaign to support students, #ManMetFirstGen.