The University has celebrated another successful year of graduation ceremonies in which thousands of happy graduates, families and colleagues passed through the Bridgewater Hall.
There were 19 ceremonies in total taking place on one of seven days, quite a logistical feat.
So, just what does it take to get graduations going? ManMetLife takes a look at the numbers:
• 19 ceremonies
• 1,088 colleagues and guests featured on the platform
• 5 honorary degrees
• 1,400 glasses of prosecco
• 12,385 graduates invited
• 21,028 guest tickets
• 5,000 graduates registered to become alumni community members
For those who couldn’t make the ceremony, they could watch online thanks to an 18-strong team from ISDS, Business Support, and colleagues from around the University.
• 7 cameras used to cover the ceremonies, 6 in the hall and one outside the hall
• 300 metres of cable to connect the cameras and two video projectors in the main hall, taking seven hours to install
• More than 30 hours of live HD TV
• Live streams watched in more than 94 countries, with 8,109 views of ceremonies coming from around the world
It wasn’t just streaming video which people could engage with either, the University was active across a range of social media. For the first time, we hosted a ‘Social Wall’, pulling through all posts on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the hashtag #McrMetProud.
• There were 330 retweets on Twitter in total, 767 likes and 75 replies
• A Facebook Live post of the first graduation ceremony had 8,900 views and 550 reactions, comments and shares – reaching 21,000 people
• A Facebook graduation photo album had 22,400 photo views and 300 reactions
• The Snapchat graduation filters topped 1,700 uses and had 129,000 views
• An Instagram timelapse video was viewed 1,129 times