The Leadership Foundation’s flagship programme is entering its fourth year and Manchester Met are looking for the next cohort of women to participate in 2018 as well as the next cohort of male and female mentors.
Aurora is for women up to senior lecturer level or professional services equivalent (Grade 7) in a university, who would like to explore the avenues to leadership and develop their career.
The University is investing in a number of places for women on sessions starting in February or March 2018 in either Birmingham or London:
- Identity, Impact and Voice: Tuesday 20 February 2018
- Power and Politics : Tuesday 20 March 2018
- Action Learning Set: Tuesday 17 April 2018
- Core Leadership Skills: Tuesday 15 May 2018
- Adaptive Leadership Skills: Tuesday 26 June 2018
- Identity, Impact and Voice: Thursday 8 March 2018
- Power and Politics: Thursday 24 April 2018
- Action Learning Sets: Thursday 17 May 2018
- Core Leadership Skills: Thursday 12 June 2018
- Adaptive Leadership Skills: Thursday 5 July 2018
The closing date for all applications will be on Friday 13th October 2017. Please return your completed applications for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participants in the programme take up a mentoring relationship with another person who has qualities that includes being considered successful in their careers; has sufficient general higher education experience to be able to offer advice and support and has a genuine interest in helping women to develop their careers.
Mentors can be male or female, so if you are interested in mentoring a Manchester Met ‘Auroran’ please make enquiries to email@example.com
A key part of the Aurora experience is for participants to have contact with successful women in higher education displaying the values and characteristics suitable for a positive role model. Manchester Met is invited to nominate women to attend the development days and host a table of up to seven women.
If you are interested in attending workshops as a role model please make enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and further details will be provided.