Manchester Metropolitan University is a proud signatory of the Manchester Homelessness Charter, which brings people, organisations and businesses together with one shared vision – to end homelessness in Manchester.
Dozens of local organisations are already working on helping overcome homelessness in Manchester and the University has made four pledges to show support for the charter:
- Engage in research related activity guided by the priorities of the Manchester Homelessness Partnership
- Raise awareness of the charter and highlight the most effective ways for staff and students to help those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- Promote opportunities for staff and students to engage in volunteering, fundraising and other potential projects in support of the charter
- Actively support the Big Change Fund – Manchester’s alternative giving campaign
Big Change Ambassador training
The University is proud to offer staff members and students the opportunity to get involved in ending homelessness in Manchester by developing Big Change Ambassador training sessions.
The Big Change is Manchester’s alternative giving campaign, which seeks to make a lasting impact by changing the way we give to homeless people.
The training sessions give more detail around the current homelessness issues in Manchester, the steps the city and the University are taking to make a difference and information about how you can get involved.
The next Big Change Ambassador training sessions will be held on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, 31st May – 12:30-13:30 in Brooks 2.32
- Tuesday, 26th June – 10:00-11:00 in Geoffrey Manton 333
- Friday, 27th July – 13:00-14:00 in Sandra Burslem 2.06
Please contact BigChange@mmu.ac.uk to sign up to your chosen training session.
For more information about the University’s commitment to the Manchester Homelessness Charter, please visit mmu.ac.uk/endinghomelessness.
Make a difference and sign up today!