Our new Intranet will be launching next week (Wednesday 1 August); bringing together staff content from around the University including key policies, HR information, campus maps, news and a detailed staff directory.
Once launched the intranet will automatically open on your work computer when you login.
It will deliver a number of features, including:
- A new people directory containing staff contact details and the ability to include staff photos
- The most frequently requested information and mandatory policies
- An effective search function which will help you find information more easily
- News, notices and a special features section, which will replace the current ManMetLife site and help to reduce all staff emails
We have been trialling it with a number of teams across the University for the past three weeks. This has helped us to make several improvements and we have had some great feedback to date, such as:
- Very easy to navigate
- The search seems very powerful and is delivering the results I would expect
- Easy to find staff members and contact details
- Clean and consistent look and feel throughout
A great deal of work has gone into the first phase of this project to understand what resources staff need and use most – but this is only the start and we know there are still improvements to be made. We recognise that this first phase won’t be perfect. There is still work to do to consolidate information that exists in local intranets and microsites across the University; this is a significant step change for us.
Our Intranet will keeping evolving and we’re keen to ensure that you all have an opportunity to help shape the intranet further as we continue to improve it over the coming months to better meet your needs. Over the summer, we will be providing ways for you to feedback, so please take these opportunities to let us know what you think.
As the Intranet will be the first starting point for all staff news and information, we will also be changing the staff website page. The current content will be replaced with a link to the Intranet homepage and will also including information on how to access the Intranet when away from the University.
Look out for more details on Wednesday.